There are so many amazing facts about the human body that many people don’t know. You body can does so many stunning things on a daily basis and you don’t know.
Check out these human body facts, and impress all your friends with how much you know!
- * The cornea is the only part of the body with no blood supply – it gets its oxygen directly from the air.
- * The human body contains enough fat to make seven bars of soap.
- * Embryos develop fingerprints three months after conception.
- * Between birth and death, the human body goes from having 300 bones, to just 206.
- * Hearts can beat outside of their bodies.
- * When you blush, the inside of your stomach does too
- * Humans have a “diving reflex” that shuts down bodily functions when submerged in water to prevent drowning.
- * There are certain kinds of tumors that can grow their own teeth and hair – they’re called teratomas
- * Astronauts can grow up to two inches taller in space.
- * Your brain can survive for five to 10 minutes without oxygen.
- * In cases of extreme starvation, the brain will begin to eat itself.
- * When listening to music, your heartbeat will sync with the rhythm.
- * The small intestine is roughly 23 feet long.
- * One quarter of your bones are in your feet.
- * Every organ you have two of, you only need one of to survive.
- * There are more than 100,000 miles of blood vessels in your body
- * You are taller in the morning than you are at night.
- * You can’t breathe and swallow at the same time
- * “Pregnancy brain” is totally real – Women’s brains actually shrink during pregnancy
- * Your left kidney is higher up than your right kidney
Complied By Uche Solomon