It’s a common perception that when it’s cold, fashion and style is thrown out the window in an effort to feel warm.
That shouldn’t be the case as fashion is so versatile it should be applied all season round.
The tips below will teach you how to battle the cold weather in style;
- Don’t be afraid to layer- Layering is definitely a good choice as it gives you an opportunity to dress up your outfit and add different elements and also keep yourself warm. It’s also great because if the weather gets warmer during the day al you have to do is take a few layers off and you’re good to go instead of feeling stupid for dressing cold when the weather is warm.
- Pants over dresses- Some dresses are good for cold weather but, most just don’t cut it as their material is just too sheer or its too short for cool weathers or it’s just outright exposing. So, lose the dresses and pick up a pair of pants for the optimum warmth.
- Scarf it up- A scarf is another way to keep warm but ultimately adds more sauce to the outfit and makes it look more put together giving the outfit a more professional look.
- Go for heavier pieces- We all have a piece of clothing that was just too heavy to be worn and stays at the bottom of the wardrobe but now is the time to dust them up and put them on because the heavier the material, the warmer you’ll be.
- Oversized sleeves- This point really can’t be over- emphasized as oversized sleeves have forever been a trend and come with an aura of a laid-back sophisticated look, at least when done right.
- Try belting layers- To ensure you don’t end up looking like a sack of potatoes when all layered up, try belting them.
- Look out for emerging trends- The amazing turtle necks are back and it’s as if they never even left. They are also the perfect attire for the cold weather so ensure to stock up on them this season.
- A pop of colour won’t hurt- Many people have the perception that in cold weathers dark colours keep you warmer and colour will make you look bad while pairing. Just find out the shades that work best for you and live life in colour because it’s so much fun and could look twice as good as an all black outfit or a neutral toned outfit.
- Go for cosy fabrics- As much as you should be on the look out for heavy pieces you should also take into consideration that many heavy fabrics are just outright uncomfortable so fabrics that are warm like velvet and cotton opted for.
Ditch the sandals- A very wise thing to do would be to switch the sandals and open toed hells for a pair of boots or sneakers for the warmth.
Written By Jumoke Oyedeji
Wizkid’s “Fever” and Others Top Google’s Most Searched Songs For 2018
Global News By Shola O. | 12th December 2018 Google has revealed the list of its 2018 ‘Year In Search’ that captures; what...
Man disgraced after he was caught having s*x with a 13-year-old Ebonyi girl.See reactions(Photos)
Missing Boy Found 2 Years After Abduction, Notorious Female Kidnapper Nabbed
Buhari slams Obasanjo, says he is confused, using God’s name in vein
- Featured2 months ago
Model Marisa Papen sparks outrage by flashing v*gina at famous Turkey mosque
- Gossip5 months ago
DOWNLOAD MOVIE: The Vendor – Latest Yoruba Movie 2018 Staring Odunlade Adekola,
- Gossip6 months ago
DOWNLOAD: The Billionaires 1 & 2 – Nollywood Movies 2018 | Latest Nollywood Movies 2018
- Gossip1 week ago
Travis Scott addresses allegations that he is cheating on Kylie Jenner
- Gossip12 months ago
SARS Officers Blow Up Testicles And Penises Of Alleged Kidnappers In Abia State (Graphic Photos/Video)
- Gossip2 months ago
Battle of the retro glam :Toyin Aimakhu vs Osas Ighodaro
- Gossip1 month ago
Today’s bible teaching: The Lord watches over you— the Lord is your shade at your right hand
- Gossip6 months ago
VIDEO: Prospa Ochimana ft Osinachi Nwachukwu – Ekwueme