Seafood Okra soup is basically cooked with fresh seafood like crabs, shrimps, prawns, fish, oysters or clams or with the combination of all.
This simple seafood okra soup is filled with all goodness; it is savory with rich authentic flavors and has this incredible delicious taste, and it is a must for anyone to try.
Oilless seafood okra is a healthiest alternative to other okra recipes, it is great for weight loss and tastes almost like pepper soup.
However, seafood okra is one of the easiest draw soup recipes that you can prepare within few minutes without much procedure involved.
- 20-30 pieces of fresh okra (ladyfingers)
- 1 big fish (tilapia or mackerel)
- 20 pieces of fresh shrimps
- 4 scotch bonnets
- 1 large onion
- 4 pieces of dried stockfish
- 1 handful of ugwu leaf (spinach will do)
- 2 tablespoons of ground crayfish
- 2 seasoning cubes
- 1 medium opkei (traditional spice)
- Salt to taste
- * Chop onions and ugu, blend peppers, cut the fish into your preferred sizes and set aside.
- * In a medium pot, add one cup of water to the stockfish and boil it for 15 minutes.
- * Add the fish to the pot on heat and season with onions, pepper, maggi, salt and cook for 10 minutes.
- * Add 1 cup of water to the fish, bring in crayfish, 1 seasoning cube, okpei, stir, and bring to a boil.
- * Add the shrimp and any other seafood you are using and cook for 5 minutes.
- * Add the chopped okra, stir and taste for salt, let the soup cook for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- * Add the ugu leave stir the soup properly and leave to simmer for 4 minutes. donâ€™t overcook the vegetable nor the okra. Stir and adjust any required ingredient.
- * Your healthy seafood okra is ready once everything is perfectly combined. Serve with eba.
Watch this easy tutorial by sisiyemmie;